What Do You Really Want from Us? 我们如何让你们满意?
诗相传是出于纽约州立大学水牛城分校荣誉退休物理学教授 Duo-Liang Lin 的手笔;这位学者表达的是整个中华民族的愤慨 … 以前国弱受欺凌,好不容易开始崛起又受敌视,中国人做甚么都似乎不对,你们西方人究竟想我们怎样生存? 这首诗近期在网上热传,原因是它反映了华人的心态,抒发了华人长期以来的集体压抑。诗以英文撰写,又在华盛顿邮报刊登,是受到双重标准困扰的海外华人向西方偏见射出的一箭。 西方某些人对中国的敌意与偏见,原因复杂,有中国人自己的缺失,也有种族歧视、有色眼镜、利益冲突、以至害怕中国崛起等因素。互联网是中西交往的重要桥梁,在这种情势之下,如何促进沟通?
When we were the Sick Man of Asia, we were called The Yellow Peril.
曾今的我们是东亚病夫,你们视我们为黄祸。
When we are billed to be the next Superpower, we are called The Threat.
现在的我们正在崛起,你们视我们为灾难。
When we closed our doors, you smuggled drugs to open markets.
曾今的我们闭关锁国,你们用鸦片烟做敲门砖。
When we embrace Free Trade, You blame us for taking away your jobs.
现在的我们贸易自由,又埋怨我们抢走你们的饭碗。
When we were falling apart, You marched in your troops and wanted your fair share.
曾经的我们国将不国,你们忙着落井下石。
When we tried to put the broken pieces back together again, Free Tibet you screamed, It Was an Invasion!
现在的我们团结一心,你们却又从中作梗。
When tried Communism, you hated us for being Communist.
曾今,我们信仰共产主义,你们痛恨我们。
When we embrace Capitalism, you hate us for being Capitalist.
现在,我们发展资本主义,你们却又嫉妒了。
When we have a billion people, you said we were destroying the planet.
我们人口众多,你嫌我们破坏环境。
When we tried limiting our numbers, you said we abused human rights.
我们计划生育,你又开始讲人权。
When we were poor, you thought we were dogs.
曾经的我们贫穷落后,你们不把我们当人看。
When we loan you cash, you blame us for your national debts.
现在你们向我们借钱,却又抱怨我们增加了你们的国债。
When we build our industries, you call us Polluters.
我们发展工业,你说我们污染环境。
When we sell you goods, you blame us for global warming.
你们使用我们的产品,还让我们承担全球变暖的罪名
When we buy oil, you call it exploitation and genocide.
当我们购买石油时,你们说这是剥削和种族灭绝。
When you go to war for oil, you call it liberation.
等到你们为了石油而发动战争时,却美其名曰:解放。
When we were lost in chaos and rampage, you demanded rules of law.
曾经的我们上下崩颓,你却大谈法制。
When we uphold law and order against violence, you call it violating human rights.
现在的我们拿起法律制裁暴乱,你又说这是践踏人权。
When we were silent, you said you wanted us to have free speech.
曾经我们沉默时,你们要求我们言论自由。
When we are silent no more, you say we are brainwashed-xenophobes.
现在的我们不再沉默,你们却叫嚣说我们是一群洗了脑的愤青。
“Why do you hate us so much﹖”we asked.
“No,” you answered, “we don't hate you.”
“为什么你们如此仇视我们?” “不,我们不讨厌你们。”
We don't hate you either, But, do you understand us?
“Of course we do, ”you said, “We have AFP, CNN and BBC's ······”
我们同样不讨厌你们;但是,你们真正理解我们吗?
“当然理解。”你说,“别忘了我们有AFP,CNN和BBC啊。”
What do you really want from us?
你们到底想从我们这里得到什么?
Think hard first, then answer ······ Because you only get so many chances.
请认真回答,不要信口开河。
Enough is Enough, Enough Hypocrisy for This One World.
到坦诚相见的时候了,在这个充斥虚伪的世间。
We want One World, One Dream, and Peace on Earth.
我们需要同一个世界,同一个梦想,在同一个地球上和平相处。
This Big Blue Earth is Big Enough for all of Us.
蓝色家园承载万物,互利共生欣欣向荣。
|